Welcome to iLok Help!🔗
Please type F on any Help page to open the Site Search, or browse the FAQ categories.
Top Support Questions🔗
In macOS Ventura, iLok License Manager has an error that says “Software Component Unavailable”.
In macOS Ventura, iLok License Manager has an error that says “Software Component Unavailable”.🔗
Currently, we think that something is wrong in a database on Apple’s side that is incorrectly identifying iLok License Manager as Avid Pro Tools. If your installation of Ventura has this issue, and you have previously disabled Avid Pro Tools from your login items for some reason, that can prevent your computer from loading iLok License Manager.
This is now a known issue with macOS Ventura. Apple is working with us on the solution. Until then, before using iLok License Manager or any software that may use our technology, please try these steps in order (the easiest solution is listed first).
- Go to System Preferences > General > Login Items, and check whether you have disabled ‘Avid Pro Tools’ in the background. If you have, re-enable it.
- If re-enabling Avid Pro Tools in your Login Items does not solve the problem, reinstall iLok License Manager.
If reinstalling iLok License Manager does not solve the problem, download and run this script to launch our required LicenseD component:
I no longer have my old computer or have lost my machine license activation. How do I get my licenses back?
I no longer have my old computer or have lost my machine license activation. How do I get my licenses back?🔗
A machine-based license activation can become inaccessible for a variety of reasons. Some examples are:
- The machine was sold or decommissioned and the license activations were not deactivated first
- Machine was lost/destroyed due to fire or other disaster
- Upgrades (either hardware or software) have altered its configuration enough it is now being seen as a new or different machine
PACE DOES NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO APPROVE OR DENY requests for machine-based license resets. You must request a reset FROM THE PUBLISHER in order to return inaccessible license activations back into your iLok account.
- If you are using iLok License Manager version 5.5 or newer, you can submit the request from within iLok License Manager. See instructions below.
- If you are not able to use version 5.5 or newer, please use the software publisher’s support channels to contact the publisher directly and request the reset.
The steps to request a machine activation reset within iLok License Manager are:
- Launch and sign into iLok License Manager with your iLok account
- On the left side of the application, select the machine location that has become inaccessible (it should be grayed out)
- Select the “Show Details” button to open that location’s details
Select the “Report as Unusable” link
A “Report Computer as Unusable” dialog box will pop up with details on the computer location selected for reset
- Enter a reason for the reset request under the “Information for software publisher(s)” section (this field is required)
Enable the “I understand…” checkbox and select “Submit Request” to initiate the machine activation reset request
Review the “Report Complete” pop-up dialog and select “Close”
To check whether the request for machine activation reset was properly submitted to the publisher, view the machine location’s information and verify that the Activation Location field indicates “Reset Requested”
PACE does not have the authority to approve or deny machine activation resets.
If the publisher approves the reset request, the affected license activations will be returned into the iLok account for activation to another location. Once all license activation reset requests on an inaccessible machine have been approved, the machine location will be removed from the iLok account.
If the publisher denies the request, the affected license activations and location will remain inaccessible just as they were prior to the machine activation reset request. Please contact the publisher if your request remains pending after a few business days.
If you have any questions involving a requested machine activation reset, please contact the involved publishers for further details.
Is my iLok broken?
My iLok is not recognized by the system or software.
Is my iLok broken?🔗
My iLok is not recognized by the system or software.🔗
If your iLok is not being recognized, the problem could be with the iLok, the iLok software, or the protected software.
If you use a USB hub, make sure you are using the correct power adapter for the hub.
Rule out hardware:
Plug the iLok directly into a known working USB port on your computer. If you have to use an adapter (such as when using an iLok USB-A with a latop that only has USB-C ports), make sure the adapter also works correctly with another USB device.
- Does the iLok light up when plugged in?
(iLok 3 only) Does the iLok blink rapidly when plugged in? This means the iLok is receiving power but not processing data. Sometimes this just means the iLok is only partially inserted into the USB port.
- Disconnect the iLok and try plugging it in again securely to the same or different available USB port. Does the iLok light up now?
- Is there any object lodged in the USB port or the USB head of the iLok?
If the answer to all of the above questions is NO, or if the iLok is physically damaged, then the iLok is broken. See Broken, Lost, or Stolen iLok to learn more.
Rule out iLok Software:
Be sure to uninstall prior to doing a clean install.
- Does the iLok light up, but not appear as connected in the iLok License Manager application?
- (Windows only) Does the iLok light up, but go out again after about 30 seconds?
If the answer to either of the above questions is YES, download and install the latest version of the iLok License Manager.
If your iLok appears as connected in iLok License Manager’s list of locations, it should now work to authorize iLok-protected software. If it does not, sign into your iLok account, open the iLok’s details (Show Details button) and select ‘Synchronize’. Often, the iLok is able to repair itself with a successful synchronize.
Rule out network/internet connection:
If the steps above do not resolve this issue, please try your iLok on a different computer on a different internet connection.
I bought a used iLok or I am selling my iLok.
How do I consolidate multiple iLok accounts into one account, or merge licenses from multiple iLoks to a single iLok?
I bought a used iLok or I am selling my iLok.🔗
How do I consolidate multiple iLok accounts into one account, or merge licenses from multiple iLoks to a single iLok?🔗
Maybe you bought a used iLok and it is still registered to the former owner. Could you be selling your iLok? What if you ended up with multiple iLok accounts and want to merge them? Regardless of your situation, the solution is the same - licenses will need to be transferred from one account to another.
NOTE: Licenses can only be transferred if the publisher has chosen to allow transfers of those products.
Software publishers determine whether or not to allow licenses for their products to be transferred between accounts. Some products allow you to initiate a transfer from iLok License Manager, but require publisher approval before the transfer can be completed. Some products do not allow transfers at all.
Assuming all of the licenses on the iLok allow transfers, there are two ways to transfer an iLok and all of its licenses to a different iLok user account:
If the currently registered owner of the iLok USB and the licenses has possession of the iLok USB, they can do it manually.
- Transfer the licenses to the new owner’s account using iLok License Manager.
- Remove the empty iLok from the first account.
Give the iLok USB to the new owner.
The new owner can then register the iLok USB to their own account and activate the licenses to it.
PACE can perform an iLok Reassignment, which will transfer an entire iLok USB with all of its licenses from one user account to another.
In order to transfer the iLok USB and licenses manually, the currently registered owner must have physical possession of the iLok. So if you are the currently registered owner, and you still have possession of the iLok USB, you can choose either of the two ways of transferring. If you have already given the iLok USB to the new owner, you will have to request an iLok Reassignment.
On the other hand, if you are the new owner and already have possession of the iLok USB, the currently registered owner will have to request an iLok Reassignment. If they still have the iLok USB, they can choose either of the two ways of transferring.
The fee for transferring a license to another iLok user account is $US25 per license, with an order maximum of $US50. Licenses that a software company has protected as a Locked Group are transferred as one license.
The price to reassign an iLok is $US100 and is subject to approval by the registered owner of the iLok.
This means that in most cases, and especially if you own both user accounts and are just consolidating, it is less expensive to transfer the licenses to the other account manually.
If you need Support to reassign the iLok, please Request an iLok Reassignment.
I get an error saying “This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin “windows”…” What do I do?
I get an error saying “This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin “windows”…” What do I do?🔗
First, try these steps:
- Uninstall PACE License Support Win64.
- Delete the following folders if they still exist:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PACE\iLokDriverPackages
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PACE\Proxy
- C:\Program Files (x86)\iLok License Manager
- Restart Windows.
- Reinstall License Support Windows 64-bit from iLok.com.
If the error persists after following these steps, please contact Support.